Chief Operating Officer
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications National Diploma
Position – Chief Operating Officer
Job Location – Lekki Lagos
Supervision – To report directly to The Board of Directors
- Lead the development and implementation of the overall company’s strategy for an extensive and sustainable growth.
- Oversee new business development.
- Set up a chain of branded butcheries as per the business expansion model.
- Supervise and guide the sales team.
- Financial management including budget preparation, implementation and tracking and reporting of costs and expenses on weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Supervise pricing of products by introducing cost operating efficiencies.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Grow and sustain business relations with retail, wholesale and institutional clients.
- Oversee human resource; recruitment, training, motivation and appraisals processes.
- Develop and oversee standard operating procedures covering all aspects of the company’s operations.
- Establish and utilize databases and monitoring systems connected with meat production and product distribution, including contact management, source verification, data, and cattle health and weight-gain data; coordinating slaughter, processing, and distribution; and ensuring that business and operational targets are met.
- Communication and collaboration with livestock producers, staff of finishing farms, slaughter and processing facilities, and wholesale customers, on a regular and as-need basis.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations by making sure safety protocols and other regulatory obligations are followed.
- Develop and manage effective logistic strategy that will support the company’s business
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Must have 10 years senior management experience in the meat processing industry/allied industry
- Strong commercial understanding of meat processing operations and margins.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities with strong attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- An excellent communicator with a collaborative style
- Cares deeply about sustainable agriculture and can commit to a triple bottom line: social, environmental and financial
- Minimum of Bachelor’s in any discipline and a master’s degree in any business related discipline
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Sales and Marketing
- Maintenance and logistics
- Cost management and contract negotiation
- Excellent Customer Care
- Report writing and information gathering
- Operations Management
- Employee Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Excel Office
- Track record of Exceptional team leading
SALARY – Very competitive
If interested, please forward your CV to email@example.com with Subject line: COO/FARM001