Finance & Administrative Specialist
Career Level Others
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Additional Qualification Higher National Diploma
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Finance & Administrative Specialist
Job Locations: Adamawa, Bauchi , Ebonyi, Gombe, Sokoto
Start date: December 2020 – August 2025
- The Finance & Administrative Specialist will prepare relevant reports; ensures that all states transactions follow DAI/USAID standards, regulations and policies; Manage the states administration processes; collates financial and technical reports; ensures timely and accurate financial reporting, aligned with technical outcomes.
- S/he will be responsible for providing the Senior Accounting Manager and the Accountant with the appropriate financial and operating information as necessary; allocate project funds among the states various program activities; work closely with other departments in the state on problems involving accounting systems and financial planning.
- The incumbent will help establish and maintain adequate system controls to protect against financial misstatement, in accordance with applicable government accounting and administrative regulations; will support the Federal level in coordinating the state annual and other financial audits—including preparation of supporting schedules and information—respond to auditor questions and consolidate report formats; manage all banking activities including withdrawals, deposits, and preparation of all bank payments and checks.
- S/he will record all financial transactions in Field Accounting System (FAS) on daily bases; ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments; upload the expenses into Oracle based on DAI’s schedule; Performs monthly bank reconciliations and routinely monitors bank account balances.
- This role will work with the Accountant to approve and distribute travel advance amounts based on S2S’s travel advance policy; audits travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance; follows procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel; reviews and monitors outstanding advances report by paying close attention to advances that have not been settled after 30 days of issuance.
- The Finance & Administrative Specialist will report to the State Team Lead.
- The Finance & Administrative Specialist will supervise the Administrative Assistant and Drivers
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, or other relevant field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience in finance and accounting. Previous experiencing working on US Government funded projects highly preferred.
- Strong training, communications, and personnel management skills.
- Previous supervisory experience highly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Please list the title of the position and location you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
- Women, people with disabilities and young people are encouraged to apply.